At Open Sussex we specialise in using Free and Open Source software for bespoke development of web applications.
We focus mostly on the LAMP stack, but have a broad knowledge of different technologies, and will use what we believe is suitable for the project at hand.
As software developers, we like to adhere to what's outlined in the manifesto for agile software development (here it is)
We have over 15 years of experience as software developers working with start ups, digital agencies and multinational organisations.
There are a few Open Source / Free Software Projects currently being run. These are as follows :
- Arduino Drone Synth using the GinSing - Currently in Design Stage shield
- Our github repositories - find some Free Software we are developing
For our own Projects, we like to follow the freedoms outlined by the Free Software Foundation.
The freedoms we aspire to with regards to software:
- The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
- The freedom to study how the program works, and change it to make it do what you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
- The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
- The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
The above was taken from The Free Software Definition.